永利棋牌永久网址加速 announces second Diversity, 公平与包容加速器 cohort
公司生产的护肤品, healthy food for children and babies, 访问数字空间, branding for entrepreneurs of color and premium popcorn seem like they could have little in common.
But the founders gathered at the 密苏里大学圣路易斯分校的. Louis for Wednesday’s announcement of the second Diversity, 公平与包容加速器 cohort had more in common than just the possibility of a $50,000 nondilutive capital injection.
They all hope to create positive change – whether that comes from locating their business in traditionally underutilized neighborhoods or getting kids hooked on healthy foods – and the funding from 永利棋牌永久网址 will help get them to that goal quickly.
“Being able to be supported by amazing leaders has changed the game for me and my views,” 瓦罗德里格斯 of 虚拟现实创造性 said. “Knowing that it’s OK to step out of your comfort zone and out of fear and just move into greatness. You know, these dreams are bigger than us, and we lead by example.”
永利棋牌永久网址加速 launched the DEI Accelerator last year 与 the goal of supporting diverse founders from underrepresented communities and promoting diversity, 公平和包容的圣. 路易的生态系统.
除了资金, 永利棋牌永久网址加速 will provide each of the five selected founders 与 capital and $200,000美元的实物资源, 比如带薪的永利棋牌永久网址学生实习生, and the opportunity to participate in an eight-week, best-in-class business development program.
“Positive change happens 与 investment,” 丹·劳尔，公司的创始执行董事 永利棋牌永久网址加速说,. “We’re able to fund this kind of pass-through philanthropy to serve our mission to be a beacon of hope and serve our mission for workforce development, 经济发展.”
The second iteration of the DEI Accelerator received 189 applications that were narrowed to a final 15 who gave brief pitches during 节的一天 11月下旬. Judges selected the final five-company cohort from among those.
The cohort will begin their work 与 the program in January and will present the results of their growth during Demo Day on May 5.
“This is a dream come true,” said La 'Crassia荒野, founder of 黄油爱皮肤. “I sound like I’m crying a little bit because it was a moment of, ‘I’ve been doing this for seven years, 这真是太棒了, difficult and exhilarating and just a moment.’ Now I’m here, and I know this is just one part of the journey, but is such an important part.”
The second DEI Accelerator cohort includes:
- La 'Crassia荒野 与 黄油爱皮肤, an intentional skincare brand rooted in self-love. Their products are all-natural and inspire daily rituals that help you recenter.
- 将Bubenik 与 星云传媒集团, which empowers organizations to create accessible and inclusive digital experiences.
- 托尼•戴维斯 与 流行音乐流行华友世纪!, a premium gourmet popcorn company offering bold flavors, such as banana pudding and cookies n’ cream.
- 瓦罗德里格斯 与 虚拟现实创造性, which provides top-tier creative branding and marketing services for entrepreneurs of color while developing assets, strategies and resources to support the growth of their budding businesses.
- 巴黎罗林斯 与 挑剔Eaterz, a catering company which gives children and babies access to a variety of nutritious meals every day.